I forgot to announce…I’m moving! I’m moving into a close by apartment with a new roommate, a garbage disposal (!), a fireplace (!), a washer and dryer (!), a dishwasher (!), a balcony (!!!), and a pool (!!!). Woo! And the best (and craziest) part? It’s cheaper than my current place.
I haven’t had a roommate in 2+ years, but I’m excited to venture back into the roommate world. When I say “roommate,” I mean “apartment mate,” so I won’t actually be sharing a room (whew!). I know it won’t all be fun and games, but I’m looking forward to reduced rent, expanding my social circle, possibly indulging in cable TV, sharing clothes and books, and hopefully fun girly roommate nights.
I obviously have a lot to do before I move:
I’m sitting with my sister on the couch and she is begging me to write a life update on my blog- which is funny, because she knows everything that goes on in my life!
I was about to type “The past few weeks have been a whirlwind” but I realized 1) I overuse the expression “whirlwind” and 2) when is my life not a whirlwind?! Good thing I like it hectic.
- Smashingly successful open house for our coworking space (officially The Raleigh Forum); tons of people came out to explore the space, mingle, and enjoy our refreshments
- Endless promotions for the space
- Hired an Office Assistant (that’s right, we have an employee! So cool)
- Spoke with my sister about The Raleigh Forum at a Ladies NC networking event
- Assigned to several new projects at my recruiting job
- Put the almost-final touches on my apartment- pictures coming soon! Let’s just say I’m very happy
- Did a Warrior Dash-esque run through Umstead Park
I was THRILLED when I walked into my new apartment. First of all, it’s HUGE. Like a palace. So big, in fact, that I have to do some creative thinking to FILL the space (I’m used to buying furniture and accessories that serve double duty so I can fit everything, but now I need more things so it doesn’t look empty).
Last updated byat .