I’m sitting with my sister on the couch and she is begging me to write a life update on my blog- which is funny, because she knows everything that goes on in my life!
I was about to type “The past few weeks have been a whirlwind” but I realized 1) I overuse the expression “whirlwind” and 2) when is my life not a whirlwind?! Good thing I like it hectic.
- Smashingly successful open house for our coworking space (officially The Raleigh Forum); tons of people came out to explore the space, mingle, and enjoy our refreshments
- Endless promotions for the space
- Hired an Office Assistant (that’s right, we have an employee! So cool)
- Spoke with my sister about The Raleigh Forum at a Ladies NC networking event
- Assigned to several new projects at my recruiting job
- Put the almost-final touches on my apartment- pictures coming soon! Let’s just say I’m very happy
- Did a Warrior Dash-esque run through Umstead Park
Back from a great break in NC. As predicted, it was filled with holiday drinks from Starbucks, delicious food, road tripping, intermittent country and pop music, bonding, Friends episodes, Better Homes and Gardens reading, knitting, and being silly.
Fun new news:
- Record number of GW Bites orders this week. I’m seeing exponential growth!
- A mom wants to put GW Bites coupons in her daughter’s stockings. GREAT idea
- Took up knitting again- so old-school but it will make great holiday presents
- I’m “catering” my class’ meal to celebrate the end of the semester
- I had a fantastic- and fun!- interview yesterday. Fingers crossed!
- I get to babysit for the family with the baby again! I adore her, so I’m VERY excited
- Two of my best friend’s birthdays are next week!
I’m a bit overwhelmed- I don’t think I’ve ever been forced so quickly back into school mode after break. I have a ton of assignments due, but I’m trying to keep myself on an even keel by balancing school and fun!