1) Durham Bulls: Change the Triangle is selling tickets to a Durham Bulls game as a fundraiser. The tickets are $9 in person or $10.49 through Eventbrite and can be redeemed for any Thursday or Sunday game. We’re going as a group on August 23rd at 7pm! Let me know if you decide to buy a ticket and use my name on the order form
2) IndieGoGo: Change the Triangle is raising funds through IndieGoGo for future volunteer projects. We would love any contribution you can offer! Go here to donate.
2) Zaky: The owner of Zaky, a casual Mediterranean restaurant on Glenwood, generously offered me a falafel and free chicken shawarma in exchange for a blog mention. I liked the falafel even though I’m not usually a big fan and I enjoyed the few bites of chicken I had. My official taste tester said the ratio of pita to chicken was decent and though it tasted a bit more like curry than he expected, he liked it! I would definitely go back and try the different menu offerings, especially since the location and prices are both great.
3) Hashonomy: I stumbled across this site through a coworker and I lover it! For any given hashtag, it lists related hashtags, top users of the hashtag, and links tweeted using the hashtag. Such cool features, especially for recruiting!
4) RecruiterRoman: I felt like my normal Twitter account was becoming inundated with recruiting tweets and job postings, so I decided to experiment with my own work Twitter. RecruiterCristina was taken so I opted for RecruiterRoman instead
5) G105: For the first time in my life, I won something by calling into a radio station. Granted it’s a South Park DVD, which wouldn’t be my top choice of prizes, but I don’t care because I wonnnn.
6) Puncture: My sister and I picked up this movie the other day because it said it was like Erin Brockovich. It’s based on a true story about a drug-using lawyer who works on a case concerning the safety of front-line hospital workers. Can’t wait to finish it!
7) Toasted Almond Coffee: Loving Dunkin Donuts Toasted Almond Coffee! I just use one tablespoon for every 3 tablespoons of regular coffee because the flavor is pretty strong.
8) Twitter Tools: Currently using HootSuite, TweetDeck, and Buffer for different Twitter accounts. Do you have a favorite Twitter management tool? What do you like/dislike about the one above?
9) Civic Duty: On Sunday I decided to bake brownies and convince my sister and our friend to take them to the fire department with me as way of saying thank you for serving us. The first fire department was a pretty standard drop-off, but at the second one, the firemen invited us in to tour the station, take pictures, and wear their fireproof outfits. They also invited us back for lunch one day and made sure to tell us to ask for Shift A. Haha, such a fun Sunday adventure!
10) Thank You: Today I’ll planning to say thank you to people who might not hear it often and I encourage you to do the same. Maybe it’s your payroll department, who only gets contacted when there’s an issue; your parents, who only get a call when you need something; or the leader of a volunteer organization, who manages a non-profit while working two other jobs (ahem my sista!).